The mission of New Hope Church is to Reach people for Christ, Root people in Christ, and Release people to serve Christ.
Our purpose at New Hope Church is to, with intentionality, attract those who are not followers of Jesus (Matthew 28:19-20) and welcome those who are, draw all into a life of worship that is all-encompassing (Deuteronomy 6:4-5), grow all toward spiritual maturity (Colossians 2:6-7), promote meaningful spiritual relationships (1 Corinthians 12:27), and equip all to serve God with their gifts, time, and substance, to the end that our community and our world is transformed by the unconditional love of God in Christ (Matthew 22:37-40).
Convictions that inform and sustain our mission and purpose:
- God reveals Himself preeminently in the person of Jesus Christ and in the Scriptures. The Scriptures are our ultimate authority in all matters of Christian believing and living.
- God is passionate about people, particularly those who do not know Him.
- God accepts us as we are; therefore we are called to accept people as they are. All are welcome here.
- God is not content to leave us as we are; we are called to become a “new creation” in Christ. We invite all to experience and submit to the radical, redeeming, and transforming power of Christ.
- Christ calls us to a life of lifelong growth illumined and sustained by the work of the Holy Spirit.
- The call to life in Christ is a call to discipleship that encompasses every dimension of life.
- God’s primary means of extending His kingdom is through the local congregation.
- The church is a living organism. God calls the church to grow, not for the sake of growth alone, but for the greater purpose of proclaiming the good news of God’s love in Christ to a world that God loves.
- God is worthy of the very best that we have to offer; therefore we will strive for excellence in everything that we do.