Adult Ministry at New Hope includes many ways to learn, grow, and connect with each other. Find an activity that fits your needs and feel free to jump in! If you’re not sure where to begin, contact Pastor Sarah for suggestions.
Are you new to New Hope, or maybe even new to church?
Join a Discovery Class, where we’ll go over all the basics of what we believe, our mission, our values, and our structure.
Busy schedule, or unable to get to the church on weekdays?
Try Sunday School. Adult Sunday School classes meet at 10:15AM between the two worship services, so you can attend worship and a bible study all in one morning. Classes meet most weeks from September through May, and occasionally during the summer; check the current schedule for more details.
Want to dig a little deeper?
Join a weekday Bible Study. These studies typically last six to eight weeks, and meet during the day or in the evening.
Wondering how you can be part of God’s plan?
If you’re ready to transform your faith and your relationship with God, join us on The Journey, a three year discipleship program.
Looking for closer, spiritual friendships with your church family?
Adult Ministry Current News and Events
- Colossians Women’s Bible Study - Paul's letter to the Colossians may be the most important letter you will ever read.
- Adult Mission Trip - Share the love of Christ by serving with our Adult Mission Trip this July.
- Adult Sunday School: Sermon on the Mount - See how life in God's kingdom differs from the way the world lives. Joe Enneking will lead this study on the teachings of Jesus.
- Adult Sunday School: Honest Evangelism - Kathy Wisne will guide us in how to be honest in our conversations about Jesus, and how to talk about him with others.
- Adult Sunday School: John, The Gospel of Light and Life - The Gospel of John includes some of the most loved verses in all the Bible. Bonnie Fussner leads us through its rich images and profound truths.
- Discovery Class - Are you interested in learning more about New Hope Church, or becoming a member? Join a Discovery Class.
Rev. Sarah Palsma is the director of New Hope’s Adult Ministry program. She also serves as New Hope’s Associate Pastor. Pastor Sarah is a native of Syracuse, NY, a graduate of Northwestern College in Orange City, IA with a B.A. in History and Religion, and she received her Master of Divinity degree from Western Theological Seminary in Holland, MI. Sarah also has a keen interest in music and theater.