Adult Ministry at New Hope includes many ways to learn, grow, and connect with each other. Find an activity that fits your needs and feel free to jump in! If you’re not sure where to begin, contact Pastor Sarah for suggestions.
Are you new to New Hope, or maybe even new to church?
Join a Discovery Class, where we’ll go over all the basics of what we believe, our mission, our values, and our structure.
Busy schedule, or unable to get to the church on weekdays?
Try Sunday School. Adult Sunday School classes meet at 10:15AM between the two worship services, so you can attend worship and a bible study all in one morning. Classes meet most weeks from September through May, and occasionally during the summer; check the current schedule for more details.
Want to dig a little deeper?
Join a weekday Bible Study. These studies typically last six to eight weeks, and meet during the day or in the evening.
Wondering how you can be part of God’s plan?
If you’re ready to transform your faith and your relationship with God, join us on The Journey, a three year discipleship program.
Looking for closer, spiritual friendships with your church family?
Adult Ministry Current News and Events
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing - Join us in making Christmas merrier for others as we ring the bell for the Salvation Army.
- Men’s Bible Study - Join us Wednesdays for Men's bible study.
- Bethel Bible Study - Bethel is a two year intensive bible study.
- Soul Friends Women’s Bible Study - "Soul Friends" help us recognize the faith-forming work God does in us.
- The Shelter of God’s Promises Women’s Bible Study - Learn what God has promised us, what those promises mean, and how these promises provide the foundation our lives.
- Discovery Class - Are you interested in learning more about New Hope Church, or becoming a member? Join a Discovery Class.
- A Way of Life Discipleship Program - A Way of Life is the second year of New Hope's three year discipleship program.
- The Journey Men’s Group - The Journey is the first year of New Hope's three year discipleship program.
Rev. Sarah Palsma is the director of New Hope’s Adult Ministry program. She also serves as New Hope’s Associate Pastor. Pastor Sarah is a native of Syracuse, NY, a graduate of Northwestern College in Orange City, IA with a B.A. in History and Religion, and she received her Master of Divinity degree from Western Theological Seminary in Holland, MI. Sarah also has a keen interest in music and theater.